Thursday, March 6, 2008

No. 66

Original - Available send email for details.

Limited Edition Prints - Available soon - Send email for details.

"Stone Fossil" 8" x 8" Sepia ink on watercolor paper. If you look closely archaeologists have discovered a 2 foot long stone fly dating back to the cretaceous period. T-Rex would have had to use a double hander to cast this one! That big hook must have been carved from bone.This did not come out exactly like I had planned. I basically drew the image with sepia ink. I let the blobs and lines of ink dry for about 5 minutes, then I washed all the excess ink away. I did this as an experiment previously and I thought I would try it again with the fossil concept. Not the exact result I had imagined, but maybe your imagination will help fill in the blanks.

1 comment:

BLUEANGLER said...

Nice Work Jeff!! I really love this one! Just Awesome!