Sunday, February 17, 2008

No. 47


Original - SOLD

Limited Edition Prints - Available soon - Send email for details.

"Deer Hair Cabin Mouse" - 9" x 12". I was at a Boy Scout camp out this weekend with my son. I brought my sketchbook and travel watercolor kit with me so I could paint. The cabin we were in had a wood burning stove for heat. We had to run fire watch in shifts during the evening to keep the fire going and the cabin warm. During my shift I was sitting in my camp chair, sketchbook in hand deciding what fly to draw up. As I was staring off in the distance, a shrew mouse came running into my field of vision. Ah Ha! I will draw a deer hair mouse! I fished a deer hair mouse for the first time this past Summer on the AuSable River in Michigan. It was around 11:00 p.m. and I cast the mouse towards some dead fall. The water erupted and line started to peel off of my reel. I set the hook and let the big brown run. After a few seconds the hook popped free and all I was left with was a memory.

No comments: