Monday, March 9, 2009

BWO Cripple


"BWO Cripple" Watercolor and Gouache. If any of you had the chance to drop by and see me at the Whitefish Studio booth at the Great Waters Fly Fishing Exposition in Minneapolis, there is a good chance you saw me working on this fly. John over at Trout Lily Studio had asked me to paint this fly for him. This is one of John's favorite trout flies for the Minnesota spring creeks. It was great to see and meet all of you who dropped by the booth to say hello. I would also like to Thank Bob and Lisa for the great conversation, pizza and a great place to crash during my stay.

5 comments:

CD said...

That one really pops, Jeff!

John Koch said...

Say, that fly looks like it might just work on streams in WISCONSIN, too....

splitcane said...

Hi Jeff.

Have been looking at some of your work. Outstanding. Question on technique if you can reveal: how do you get a razor thin, bright line (i.e. a fly line) with curves on a watercolor?

Thanks!

Chris

Flyfishergirl.com said...

Hi, i just came across your site. Ingenious! I would love to exchange links with you, and would like to feature your artwork on our site, if allowed. :)

Hannah.

www.flyfishergirl.com info@flyfishergirl.com

dsflyfishing said...

That is absolutely beautiful. Really nice work my friend.