Thursday, January 15, 2009

Milwaukee Marauder


"Milwaukee Marauder" 15" x 22" Watercolor and Gouache. Well, it has been a while since I have had a chance to post anything. I do have to admit that it has been a bit strange not drawing flies everyday! The Milwaukee Marauder is a derivative of a pattern that I did which produced the brightest and hottest steelhead I have ever caught. I tied this pattern up for a fly swap that we had last night. I am a part of a loosely organized group of steelhead junkies that chase chrome with a double hander in and around the Milwaukee area. This is an incredible group of guys that get together once a month to BS about steelhead, flies and cool places to fish. Guys in this group have chased steelhead all over the U.S., so the group has a diverse and interesting talent base. We ususlly run into someone from the group whenever we take a trip to fish up on the river.

No comments: