Monday, July 28, 2008

No. 200



"Flat Fly" WOW I cannot believe it is 200 already. This fly is a take off of the Flat Stanley that my kids did in school. The idea behind flat Stanley is that the kids made this guy- Flat Stanley out of construction paper. They then gave flat Stanley to someone to take on their travels. I think my kids gave their Stanley to my Brother in Law who took it to China. The recipient of Stanley was to photograph Stanley at their destination and send it back to the kid who gave them the Stanley. This flat fly was a Royal Wulff painted with watercolor and gouache. Here it is shot by Fishing Bridge which is the Cutthroat spawning ground for the Yellowstone River. You will see Flat Fly again in other installments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea. I took a flat Stanley around town one time for a relative, it was a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh! and gratz on hitting #200!