Wednesday, February 20, 2008

No. 51

Original - SOLD

Limited Edition Prints - Available soon - Send email for details.

"Extended Body" 8" x 10" color and value study. This is a quick study for a larger more detailed painting to come. I hit the value pattern, but I do not like the way the details are lost. I would also add a more dynamic curve to the abdomen to make it a more interesting shape. I would also try using some different media to create a more dynamic feeling. That is why I do these studies to test out ideas. As I have said in the past, I will post both the good the bad and the ugly. I am battling some sort of bug, my brush strokes may not be on tonight, but I am not going to let it stop me from drawing my daily fly.

1 comment:

BLUEANGLER said...

Those qucik study were comes out amazingly beautiful! I love it!