Thursday, June 3, 2010

Drawing Flies 52_23 Sofa Pillow


Drawing Flies 52_23 Sofa Pillow

Original status: Original not available.

Swing by Jason's blog to check out his rendition of the of the Sofa Pillow!

Tech Info- Sharpie and brush pen on sofa pillow.

I grabbed my Sharpie and brush pen and went to work on my rendition of the sofa pillow on a sofa pillow. Well, it is actually my hammock pillow. Boy was my wife mad when she found out what I did!

The story described above is a complete fabrication. I sketched the fly on bond paper, scanned it and created a digital composite with an actual picture of my hammock pillow in my hammock. No actual sofa pillows were harmed it the making of this image! Nor is my wife mad at me.

The sofa pillow is one fly I fish frequently when I am using a dropper. It it very visible and rides high even in rough water. The Sofa Pillow and it's cousin, the stimulator are great mid to late summer flies in the Midwest when hoppers abound.

1 comment:

Jason Borger said...

Ha! Nice to see some humor in our collective endeavor. Nicely done placement on the pillow, even if it is a "sham."

You could probably do well with fly furniture, my friend. Maybe a little DF52 series for the Martha Stewart collection... ;-)