Saturday, September 4, 2010

Drawing Flies 52_37 Rusty Spinner

Drawing Flies 52_37 Rusty Spinner

Original status: Available, email me for information. Prints are available.

Swing by Jason's blog to check out his rendition of the Rusty Spinner!

Tech Info- Watercolor and gouache 140 lbs watercolor paper.

Back to the traditional media I love best. I was going for the look of the spinner laying on top of the water withe the Z-lon wings and tail fibers supporting it. Great simple and effective pattern. More on this later.

1 comment:

Jason Borger said...

Jeff--Forgot to comment on this earlier. This piece may well make my top-10 when we're done. The whole mood of the thing just appeals strongly to me. The lightin has the early morning, low-angle sense to it, and it just looks "right" in so many ways.