Thursday, August 5, 2010

Drawing Flies 52_32 Serendipity


Drawing Flies 52_32 Serendipity

Original status: email me for information..

Swing by Jason's blog to check out his rendition of the of the Serendipity!

Tech Info- Oatmeal paper stock, Graphite pencil, gouache and watercolor.

I was not sure exactly how to approach this weeks fly. I intended to pull out the old standbys, bamboo pen, sepia ink. Instead I went with a graphite sketch and then threw down some watercolor and gouache. Keeping true to the the name, I used all warm colors, creating a calm and serene feeling.

The serendipity was the second fly I fished when I started fly fishing. Unfortunately, it did not produce, but I will try it again when the time is right.

2 comments:

Jason Borger said...

Jeff—Loving the warm tones and the sense of depth! The head of the fly looks like it’s popping of the paper (Kelley agrees, and really likes it, as well). Nice work.

Jeff (trout bum) said...

JB- Thanks! Just wanted to try something a bit different.