Sunday, August 24, 2008

No. 235


"Bunny Diver Experiment" Watecolor and gouache on Yupo paper. I pulled out the Yupo do do a bit of experimenting again. Yupo is a white polyester paper. I can apply watercolor to it, but as soon as I wet it, the color will smear or pickup. There are no pores or surface to absorb the pigment. I started by just laying down different colors on the sheet. Straight bright color, no water if you do it becomes very dull. The cool thing is that if you do not like what you did, just take a damp rag and wipe it off and start over. Some of the white area I lifted the color out. I am not sure that I like this piece. A bit to busy, but hey, that's what experimenting trying things out is all about. This fly looks like some sort of bird with some sort of weird hackle growing out of it's ear.