Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Drawing Fish 52_13 Golden Bone


Drawing Fish 52_13 Golden Bone (aka Carp)

Original status: Original and Prints are available email me for information.

Swing by Jason's blog to check out his Golden Bone!

Tech Info- Sharpie, Watercolor and Gouache

As you can tell by now, I am really comfortable with using my Sharpie, watercolors and gouache on my oatmeal paper. I know I need to push myself in other directions, but I am just having too much fun with these tools! Carp fishing with a fly is a blast and not an easy task. My buddy Corey and I have frequented a few of local streams that drain into the Fox in search of carp. Nothing like casting an olive wooly bugger to a tailing carp. I would like to get out and fish for those monster golden bones feasting on the flats of Lake Michigan. The Midwest equivalent to bone fishing in the tropics.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Jeff. You guys continue to amaze me with your talent. Keep up the good work.

Jason Borger said...

Jeff—This one really strikes me. To my eye, maybe the best so far. Really liking the sense of depth and "wetness" from the image.

e.m.b. said...

Jeff, I love your work! So glad to have found your blog...