Thursday, October 28, 2010

Drawing Flies 52_43 Jack O' Lantern Spey


Drawing Flies 52_44 Jack O' Lantern Spey

Original status: SOLD. Prints are available email me for information.

Swing by Jason's blog to check out his rendition of the Jack O' Lantern Spey!

Tech Info- Watercolor and Gouache on 140# Arches watercolor paper

My buddy Corey and I were making a stop at our favorite watering hole on the return leg home after fly tying the other evening. During the drive I was trying to decide which fly to paint for this week. That is when Corey said that a Jack O' Lantern spey is in order with Halloween being Sunday. What a great idea! I painted a JOL spey in April of 2008 for the drawing flies project. With the Midwest Fall steel head season upon us and and Halloween occurring over the weekend, I felt Corey's suggestion was the right fly for the occasion.

1 comment:

Jason Borger said...

Some really nice effects on this one, Jeff. Like how the cheek area is so flowing and soft-focus. Nice match to your blog header!