Sunday, April 20, 2008

No. 111

"Dust Off" 8" x 8" Watercolor and gouache. This was an interesting experiment that I know I will do more of. Basically I took some watercolor and placed a blob on the paper. I tried blowing the blob with a straw to try to get a feathery looking mass. The straw did not work, so I used a can of compressed air that is used to clean computers. This worked great! I was able to slightly control the shape, but at the same time end up something totally spontaneous. I added the details and there you have it. You can see a couple of quick sequence shots below.

No comments: